When coping with hearing loss, many individuals are uncertain where to find help. Your hearing is important, and everyone deserves to get help from a professional with the experience and knowledge required to provide the best treatment possible.
When it comes to Hearing Healthcare, Audiologists are the premier professionals to turn to. Audiologists possess comprehensive knowledge of the human auditory and vestibular systems, making them the most qualified professionals for the treatment of hearing and balance issues for patients of all ages.
The scope of practice for an audiologist is quite large, and they are highly trained professionals that can perform the following :
- evaluate and diagnose hearing loss and vestibular (balance) disorders
- prescribe, fit, and dispense hearing aids and other amplification and hearing assistance technologies
- are members of cochlear implant teams
- design and implement hearing conservation programs
- design and implement newborn hearing screening programs
- provide hearing rehabilitation training such as auditory training and listening skills improvement
- assess and treat individuals, especially children, with central auditory processing disorders
- assess and treat individuals with tinnitus (noise in the ear, such as ringing)
Hearing Healthcare is about more than what you can and cannot hear. Your ability to hear can have a significant impact on how you interact with the world around you. Audiologists understand not only the physical side of hearing loss, but also the emotional side. Proper hearing care does not only focus on your hearing, but on your overall health and quality of life.
Consider to the following about hearing loss:
As you can seen, hearing loss is a very important issue in modern health care. At Sound Hearing Solutions, we believe that our audiologists represent the best that hearing healthcare has to offer, and we strive everyday to improve people's lives through better hearing. If you or someone you care about is having difficulty hearing, we would appreciate the opportunity to help.
Schedule an appointment today so you can learn how our audiologists can improve your quality of life through better hearing!
In the meantime, take this Hearing Health Quick Test to begin thinking about how your hearing health is impacting your everyday life: